Years ago, new hire training consisted of making the new employee read manuals and other materials that many people would consider boring. In today’s technology-driven world, you don’t need to lock your new hire in a room with a training manual. Instead, you can develop eLearning training modules to help get them up to speed on everything they need to know.
Here are a few reasons you should consider investing in the development of eLearning training modules:
- Just-in-time training. New hires can engage in training at their own pace, whereas a classroom setting would force them to keep the pace of the class. They can also engage in eLearning training modules when and where it is most convenient for them.
- Faster learning. eLearning modules allow new hires to progress through the courses at a faster pace without having to wait for other students or instructors.
- Higher levels of retention. With fewer distractions than a classroom setting, new hires retain more information with eLearning courses than they typically do with traditional classroom instruction.
- No travel expenses. With web-based training there’s no need to coordinate schedules and pay travel expenses for trainings at off-site locations. With just a computer and Internet connection, new hires can get trained on material they need to know from wherever they are located.
- Track user progress. When Designing Digitally, Inc. develops eLearning training modules, we make sure that each of them are AICC and SCORM compliant, which enables user progress tracking and scoring.
These are just a few reasons why you should choose to develop eLearning training modules for new hire training, but there are many more. Don’t get locked into training new hires with boring manuals and training documents. Provide your new hires with an engaging way to learn the information they need to know in order to be successful with your company.