Finding the Best eLearning Company for your Needs
Finding the right eLearning company for your project can be a difficult process. The process for selecting an eLearning development company is similar to how you might go about interviewing someone for a position within your company. Both can be equally challenging if you don’t know the right questions to ask or what to look for. You want to choose the company that understands your design challenges and objectives, your budget and can bring you ideas you might have never considered. How can you get all of that from one company? Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to partnering with the best eLearning company for you.
- When interviewing anyone for a creative position, it’s important to remember to request to see samples of the eLearning company’s work.
- Prior to interviewing each eLearning company, send them some background information about your company and the project you have in mind. During the interview, ask them to describe your company and project objectives. Whichever eLearning company you choose should understand your company and project objectives precisely.
- Make sure the eLearning company has experience with the technology you need. For instance, if you want to include 3D simulations in your eLearning module, make sure the company you’re working with has experience in this area and ask them for a sample of their work using this specific technology.
- Ask the company about their instructional design philosophy and experience. Their philosophy should match up with that of your organization. This ensures that both parties know what the overall outcome should be.
- Any eLearning company you work with should understand if it's important that the ability to update the content of your eLearning program exists. In some cases it could be extremely important for you to be able to modify the content or add additional content at a later date.
- If possible, you should consider interviewing the design team at each eLearning company. Knowing how their team works together to get the project done can help you have a better understanding of how your project will come together in the end. You’ll specifically want to make sure that team members communicate well with each other.
- Consider the long-term value of your eLearning program and which eLearning development company can bring you the best solution
When you’re getting ready to make a decision, request a quote from the eLearning company. After the interviewing process is completed, creative samples are reviewed and project quotes are analyzed, you’ll be ready to choose the right eLearning company for your needs.